Saturday, January 5, 2008

Day Two and Photos













This morning we woke up around 8. Margaret fell asleep last night at 7 or so. We had made a dinner of pasta and bacon, with egg and garlic. It was pretty tasty, shaky cheese from the local shoppette rounded it out. It wasn't terribly Japanese, but it was kind of homey.

We got up and got dressed this morning, Frosted Flakes for breakfast.

I got a hold of my sponsor to find out what we're going to be doing today. (Answer, nothing.) and what I need to do/get ready for tomorrow. (Answer, lots of stuff.) And then Margaret and I went out to see what's around here.

It's pretty great, honestly. Everything, seriously everything is foreign. It's got to be one of the strangest feelings ever. There is virtually no English anywhere.

Ok, I just got the pictures up, so I'll try to explain a little. There are photos from the plane flight, where we went over Alaska, apparently? It's a mystery to me how that works, but I guess we did. It looks cool. There's the obligatory, Margaret thinks it's cool photo. There are a lot of pictures from today. We were walking and we found a big, huge, sand baseball diamond. There were all these little kids playing baseball. It was really cool. There is a picture of the terracing across the street from the baseball diamond. I liked number 13, who was kind of lerpy and didn't really want to be there. Margaret liked number 9, who was hefty and was completely off sync with the rest of the team. It was funny.

The photos of the gas station are to show that even in Japan, small-town gas station attendants have mullets. But also, look how small/narrow that carwash is! The cars here are so skinny! It's crazy.

More tomorrow, I'm sure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's hard to tell how skinny the car wash is with no point of reference. I'm glad that you guys arrived safely! It was really great to see you both...Hopefully next year we'll be celebrating our tenth anniversary in JAPAN!