Monday, January 28, 2008

An Update

Sorry it's been a while, but we somehow put the neighbor's internet out of commision and have felt reluctant to ask them to let us back on, now that it is fixed.

We're doing very well. I have started work, kind of. So far I have gotten up early in the mornings, but not really done any work. It's been a lot of fun, let me tell you. I'm spending a lot of time in the library, wishing they had more books.

Yesterday was the first day I was allowed on a computer at all, and it wasn't able to get onto Blogger. Since that seems my most effective tool for getting in touch with people, I wanted to wait till I could use it. That day has come.

Yesterday evening we walked around trying to catch these huge turtles that are in a sewage ravine by a power plant, but no dice. There is a good photo of Margaret looking really grossed out by a sea-slug/sea cucumber, but I don't have it with me, so just imagine it for now.

We are doing really well. When we have internet we'll be doing better, but there are no complaints as of right this minute. We have to find a cheap car, hopefully this weekend.

How are all of you?

Margaret says to tell her family that she is alive and well and will be making phone calls the moment she is able. Sorry to everyone who hoped to hear from us sooner, we're just not making it easy on anyone right now, what with not having a phone or internet. But we still love you all, we promise.

No comments: