Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Falling Behind

As so many of you have pointed out, I am falling behind on my committment to daily blogs. You're SO right. The reasons are many, but what I will site is the fact that I am trying to get all of my stuff together to leave the US as soon as possible. (Well, as soon as possible being the end of December, but I had my Japanese Encephalitis shot today, and that's only one of several things that sound scary when I tell you about them, only I won't. My MOM reads this, for crying out loud!)

We, the wife and I, had a wonderful time this weekend with my brother Frank and his wife Ami. They came out here on Thursday and we had a nice dinner at Houston's (the Ho, to those who work there.) Then Friday we went to the Pirate restaurant with Ivan and Eliana Vasquez, which I thought was a real treat. We drank grog and had a ball. Saturday was obligatory tourist day and we wandered all over the DC area. We found some really nice areas in Georgetown and Frank and I found the chiars we would like to own for the rest of our lives. Between the two they cost around 7 grand, so if anyone has that burning a hole in their pocket....

Sunday was a day of mostly rest. We went to the pool with Margaret's sister's family in the afternoon. It was a really, really good time, the whole weekend. If anyone has a home to invite Frank and Ami to, I suggest you go for it.

Monday Margaret and I slept all day long.

No comments: