Monday, September 17, 2007

Some Several Things (Or, Many, Many Brians)

Let's see, since Friday...

Friday night we worked at Houston's. I got there and found that they had kind of set me up. I was working as the Headwaiter, which means that I had a very, very good section, but that I had to stay at work till after 1:30, doing the financial paperwork for the whole restaurant. It gave me the opportunity to work with Bryan Zar, the new manager, who is apparently responsible for the new rankings of servers, and I tried to give him the heads up that he has bungled it, but he ignored me. Too bad for him, in the coming days, as people who have previously been really great supporters of the Houston's way of doing things quit and fall away, I hope he will not feel that no one warned him.

Saturday morning we got up reluctantly and went to pick up Tokka and Eli's puppy. It's a 12 week old American Bulldog named Luna. Seriously adorable and fumbling, a lot of fun. We also went to the Arundel Mills Mall, which is seriously massive. We picked up some shoes for both of us, ballet-slipper things for her and running shoes for Field Med School for me. Also a lamp for the bedside, the lovely old wooden one that Mom had picked up for me way back when finally gave up the ghost. It was a gorgeous day, just a little chilly, and we had lunch at the mall and walked around outside with Luna for a while before ordering some food from Victor's, in Bethesda. The food was excellent and we watched X-Men 2, which she had not seen before, and which was as entertaining as could be expected. It made me really regret the Brian Singer left the series for that bland Superman remake that he did instead. I'd have loved to have seen X3 be as good as the setup he had going. It might have been gang-busters.

Sunday mornig we got up, again reluctantly, and went to see Ali and Brian and the kids. It was nice time, and I think it might have been the most stress-free time there that I've ever had, which, Thanks Luna! I guess.

Sunday afternoon we napped and then had some eggs and bacon for dinner, to top off a great weekend we watched, wait for it.... THE FIRST 4 EPISODES OF THE NEW IT CROWD!!!! Yes, it is finally time, and they are very, very good. The episode with the 3 dinner dates is standout wonderful, but Moss, Roy, Richmond and Jen are all great. There is even a slightly topical stab at the whole German cannibal internet thing, which was wonderful. So good, run, don't walk to the closest T@rrent site you can find and get them. Super wonderful, great!

No comments: